"If I feel physically as if the top of my head were taken off, I know that is poetry." - Emily Dickinson
You may submit up to five poems of any length. Our editorial staff can take up to two months before we make a final decision. If we've published you before you're allowed to resubmit to BOAAT again. Simultaneous submissions are allowed and encouraged. If individual pieces are accepted elsewhere please write a note in Submittable. We do not accept previously published pieces. All rights revert to the authors upon publication, though we ask that you acknowledge BOAAT.
BOAAT Press is passionate about the chapbook as a unique and important form for poetry. This means we’re particularly interested in manuscripts that demonstrate a creative approach to cohesion, as well as those that explore its formal possibilities for brevity/energy/urgency (and yes, please, manuscripts that do both!). We love writing that seriously engages with readers, that transcends craft, and that isn’t embarrassed to have intentions and make them known.
WHEN: October, 1 2016 - March 15, 2017.
- poets writing in the English language are eligible
- manuscripts should be 15 to 30 pages of poetry, submitted in .docx or PDF formats only
- please do not add your name and contact information anywhere within the manuscript
- please do not add an acknowledgements/dedication page
- simultaneous submissions are permissible, but submitters are asked to notify BOAAT Press immediately if a manuscript is accepted for publication elsewhere
- manuscript revisions are not permitted during the submission period
HONORARIUM: Every published chapbook author will receive $50
DESIGN: Each chapbook is beautifully designed as a PDF digital download by meg willing
EDITORS: Chapbook Division Masthead
ANNOUNCEMENTS: Editors should respond within 3 months.